Weekend Relief Care Worker Lowestoft
On Call shift pattern will be 7am-8pm, alternate weekends
At a rate of £11.00 and hour plus on call payment of £125 for the weekend on top of your hourly rate, + 42p a mile mileage.
Typical weekend on call shifts generates additional work of at least 16 hours minimum paid at the hourly rate.
Plus Mileage at 42p per mile.
The role of On Call Care Worker is to provide a high level of care at short notice to individuals living in the community when their regular care worker is unable to attend for a variety of reasons.
This position will require an experienced Care Worker to provide short notice care to customers living in Lowestoft.
Responsibilities will include:
- Personal care, which includes washing, dressing, eating and assisting with personal hygiene
- Meal preparation
- General domestic tasks including shopping visits
- Administration of medication and other more complex interventions, depending on the level of your training
- Completion of customer care logs
At Home Support Matters, we know that enabling people to continue living in the place they feel most comfortable, can help them enjoy a healthier and more fulfilling life.
Additional domiciliary hours could be made available if required during weekdays.
We will offer you:-
- Enhanced Paid mileage
- Company Mobile Phone
- We will pay for your DBS check
- Full PPE provided
- Personal Alarm
- Free Uniform
- Paid Holiday
- Career progression opportunities
- Fully paid training programme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Hours
- 1:1 Mentoring & Coaching
- A minimum of six month’s care experience within the community or care home setting is required for this role
- Full Driving Licence and own transport with Business Insurance
- Flexibility and adaptability to visit customers in a wide geographical area
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £11.00 an Hour plus Bonus £125 wkd retainer + 42p a mile mileage