Live In Care Worker
Home Support Matters is a Health and Social Care home care provider working within Norfolk and Suffolk providing a range of care and support services for adults with differing health and social care needs.
We are looking for a small team of care workers to work in this live in package with a delightful young woman who has learning disabilities, and who enjoys a great social life, a love of animals and would like someone to join her with these activities.
She is wheelchair bound and requires help with all aspects of daily living, including personal care, eating, household chores and looking after her pets etc. She would prefer her care workers to be drivers and non-smokers, and to share her love of animals as she has a few pets that require care. In normal circumstances she attends a local day centre 3 days a week, enjoys swimming, the cinema, socialising and has a great love for animals.
Previous care experience would be advantageous within this role, however specific training is available. Our main priority for this job role is to find some great new care workers to work within a live-in care package.
We are looking for people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own - could this be you?
• A commitment to quality and being the best we can
• Treating the people we support with compassion
• Showing dignity and respect to the people that they will be working with
• Have trust and respect for all members of our team
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced care worker to work for a forward-thinking community interest company. You will receive paid training in all aspects of care that are needed for this package. The customer has clinical needs therefore the customer and care workers are supported by the company's Lead Nurse to ensure that the necessary care needs are delivered to high standards by competent care workers. The company is very supportive of individual's learning and development, and as well as providing a range of mandatory and additional work-related training, we also support employees with undertaking their NVQ training.
The successful candidate will be required to work one week on and one week off.
Benefits: Pension Scheme / Paid Induction / Specialist Training
Additional Information Live-in package - working day will be approximately 07:00-22:00
Essential Skills Personal Characteristics:
Positive attitude and great communication skills.
Motivated by making a difference, and respectful towards others.
Reliable, hardworking, trustworthy and keen to encourage and join her with daily activities
Good time keeping
Minimum of six months care experience within the community or care home setting.
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £129.88 per day