Effective management and supervision of Care workers and supporting the Branch Manager to ensure the branch is providing an excellent provision of service to our customers, clients and colleagues on a daily basis.
Ensuring compliance with national minimum standards and using effective rostering to fully utilise staff hours and drive employee engagement.
This role has line management responsibility for the Care Worker.
Principal purpose of the job role
- Allocation of care workers to customer visits by using effective rostering, ensuring continuity of care and taking into account locations, skills required and customer preferences.
- Maintenance of customer files ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Maintain telephone contact with existing customers, monitoring and reporting customer activity on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure telephone calls are answered in a timely, polite and professional manner.
- Ensure Field Care Supervisors are aware of all new customers so that risk assessments can be carried out in a timely manner, thereby eliminating risks to both customer and care worker.
- Take responsibility for new referrals from private customers and social services teams, ensuring full information is received and appropriate care planning is undertaken.
- Ensure customer complaints are recorded, investigated and responded to within Company and Regulatory timelines, taking appropriate remedial action and escalating to the Branch Manager when necessary.
- Report on service delivery issues and highlight inefficiencies to the Branch Manager in order that remedial action can be taken to improve service delivery.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and entered onto the relevant systems.
- Ensure (CM200) Live Alerts are monitored throughout the working date actioning any reconciliation of visits that is required.
- Ensure all care workers are instructed in the use of the electronic monitoring system (CM2000) and are utilising the system at each customer visit (where applicable).
- Assist Branch Manager with identification of further business opportunities outside of current client base.
- To actively monitor on a daily basis placement team Lists, applying for new provisions of care and assisting with business growth.
- Maintain and raise the company’s profile locally by attending social services meetings, provider forums and local authority working parties etc.
- Ensure all extra commissioned care required is submitted via the requested process.
- Monitor and maintain care worker compliance.
- Manage and oversee high standards of customer care by ensuring that care workers are matched to customer requirements.
- Matching care workers to customers, ensuring care workers are notified of all conditions relating to the assignment, including care worker’s rate of pay.
- Allocating customer visits/rotas appropriately, discussing the assignments with both care workers and customers, and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Management of care workers including performance, compliance, hours utilisation, appraisal, sickness absences etc in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Communicating regularly with care workers, providing guidance and resolving queries in a timely manner.
- Assisting Recruiter with care worker interviews.
- Client contact when needed or required as of business demand.
- Support with delivery of the on-call rota, dependant on needs of the business. This will include being the designated contact for the OOH teams during evening / weekends and supporting all aspects of care delivery.
The duties listed above are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work maybe required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate, and in a professional manner.
Core Skills & Competencies
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience. Excellent influencing skills with the ability to communicate instructions clearly and effectively.
- Thinks about and shows empathy towards the customer when undertaking day-to-day work. Has a genuine desire to help. Makes decisions with the customer in mind. Takes pride in delivering a high-quality service. Investigates service delivery and provides solutions to problems.
- Spends time helping others think through issues. Speaks positively of others. Takes the time to learn about and understand other organisations and cultures.
- Understands the organisations objectives and priorities and how their own work fits in to these. Plans and organises tasks effectively taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes. Manages multiple tasks effectively by thinking things through in advance, prioritising and managing time well.
- Understands the context in which the organisation operates and takes appropriate action to maximise commercial success, such as providing quality customer service which contributes to the overall success of the business
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand. Involves others in the thinking and decision-making process
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Basic Financial awareness
- Computer literacy, excel, word, e-mail etc.
- Excellent understanding of English language both written and spoken
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of working within the Care Industry
- Experience of managing people
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
Home Support Matters is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by following all company Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.