Norwich Community Care Support Service ( CCSS)
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible, and reliable individuals to join our team delivering essential care to people living in their own homes
At Home Support Matters, we know that enabling people to continue living in the place they feel most comfortable, can help them enjoy healthier, more fulfilling lives.
This role will be full time with guaranteed hour contract.
Rota pattern to include alternate weekends, shift change over day normally Thursdays but can be flexible
Weekday 7am to 2.30 pm – 3.30 -8pm £10.55 an hour
Alternative Weekends 7am to 2.30 pm – 3.30 -8pm £12.15 per hour
*Paid mileage 30p a mile*
Increased rate on bank holidays
The duties are varied, and no two days will be the same. Your duties will include:
- Personal care – support to wash/dress.
- Support with medication
- General domestic duties
- Meal prep
- Supporting with activities from shopping to day clubs.
The benefits of working with our caring and committed teams are:
- Career progression opportunities.
- Fully paid training/induction programme.
- Paid learning time
- Pension Scheme.
- Paid mileage.
- Company Mobile Phone.
- Full PPE provided weekly
- Free Uniform
- DBS paid for by the company
- One to one mentoring/support
- 24hr on call support
- E bike scheme
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £10.55 an hour on weekday £12.15 on weekends + 30p a mile mileage