Care Worker - On Call
At Home Support Matters, we know that enabling people to continue living in the place they feel most comfortable, can help them enjoy healthier, more fulfilling lives.
The role of a Care Worker On Call provides a high level of care to individuals living in the community when their regular care worker is unable to attend for a variety of reasons. This on call position will require an experience care worker to provide short notice care to individuals living in Gt. Yarmouth or Lowestoft depending on where the need arises. Responsibilities will include personal care, support with medication, meal prep.
Retainer shift pattern will be 7am-8pm, alternate weekends at a rate of £75 per weekend retainer payment, any additional work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate. Additional domiciliary hours would be available if required during weekdays.
Full Time / Part Time / Alternate Weekends
* Care experience essential
* Car driver essential
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £75 per weekend and additional hourly rate
Location: Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft