Care Worker - Enhanced Home Support Service
We are looking to recruit experienced care workers to join our Enhanced Home Support Service.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide a specialist service and join an established care provider within Norfolk and Suffolk.
This service has been designed to work closely with the hospital discharge hubs to ensure effective and smooth discharges from hospital. The focus is on providing enabling support to help individuals gain or regain independence within the comfort of their own homes.
We will be offering this service to customers throughout the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area so a willingness to travel is essential.
We are looking for care workers with:
- A minimum six month’s care experience within the community or care home setting
- Full driving licence
- Flexibility and adaptability to visit customers in a wide geographical area
- Commitment to work 12-hour shifts, 7.00am – 7.00pm (Day Shift) and 7.00pm – 7.00am (Night Shift)
We will offer you:
- Contracted Hours
- Full training
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Week on/week off rota
- Free DBS Checks
- £10.00 per hour minimum with enhanced rates for weekends and bank holidays
Successful candidates will be invited to interview the week beginning 25 Nov 2019
Training weeks are: Monday 2 December 2019 – Friday 6 December 2019 – Beccles
Monday 9 December 2019 - Friday 13th December 2019 - Beccles
For more information or to discuss the role, please contact Home Support Matters on 0344 800 8002
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £10.00 - £11.00 per hour
Location: Great Yarmouth and Waveney