Home Support Matters is a reputable and thriving home care provider of health and social care working across Norfolk & Suffolk.
The Assistant Manager position will support and deputise for the Registered Manager in ensuring the regulated services are delivered to a high standard.
The Assistant Manager will provide proactive leadership to the team, and be reactive to the ever-changing demands of the day-to-day requirements of the business.
There will be delegated responsibilities such as line management of a small team, responsibility for the Health & Safety function across the business and supporting with performance and absence management for example.
Home Support Matters is always looking for opportunities to grow and diversify within the health and social care sector, so we are looking for an individual who shares our ambition for the future.
We are a small but cohesive and supportive team within Home Support Matters; a sister company to the wider Independence Matters Group.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience within this sector and wishes to progress their career into a management role. There are opportunities for training and development to level 5 Management in Health & Social Care if the successful candidate does not already have this qualification.
The Assistant Manager position is new to Homes Support Matters and we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate good leadership and communication skills, and are able to demonstrate they are proactive and able to work both autonomously and as a team player.
Due to the nature of the industry it is essential that they have worked within health and social care previously and can demonstrate flexibility with the demands presented within the sector.
It is critical that the Assistant Manager is able to risk assess day to day issues and safely and proactively support the team with their decision-making.
Assistant Manager | Leadership | Management | Level 5 Management in Health & Social Care | Care | Social Care | Support | People Management | Staff Development | Health Care | IT Literate | Health & Safety | Risk Assessment | Budget Analysis
Pension Scheme / Paid Training / Paid travel
Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00 - with contribution to the out of hours Manager's Escalation on-call rota.
- Evidence of management/leadership.
- Proven people management skills and experience.
- Experience of working within the health & social care sector.
- Excellent administrative and IT skills.
- Computer literacy, Excel, Work, e-mail etc.
- Excellent understanding of English language both written and spoken.
- Car driver with clean driving licence.
- Level 5 Management in Health & Social Care – willing to work towards.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety at Work.
- Good understanding of Data Protection legislation.
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment.
- Proven background of strong customer ethos and commitment to quality standards.
- Competent level of financial awareness and ability to understand and react to budget analysis.
Home Support Matters delivers care and support across a wide range of home care services, ranging from visiting care to very specialist services. Our experience includes support for people with disabilities, reablement care for those recovering from illness or injury, care for the elderly, expert clinical care with nurse oversight, crisis support and flexible support for people with dementia. We aim to provide highly flexible, person centred support that focuses on the needs and aspirations of the individual.
Our support enables people to maintain a level of independence that is right for them. We aim to support people to live fulfilling and active lives in the heart of their communities. We are an approved healthcare supplier to the NHS, and work with both Norfolk and Suffolk local authorities. Over the past 30 years we have developed good working relationships with local social work and community health teams. We support people across the whole of Norfolk and the Waveney Valley region of Suffolk.
- If you are new to care, you may like to complete the Question of Care on the Skills for Care website or research Adult Social Care on YouTube before applying. This will introduce you to care and what it means to support people.
- Please note the closing date for this job vacancy; you will be contacted by email or text with the outcome of your application or, in the absence of an email address or mobile number, you will be written to.
- You will be expected to complete a comprehensive induction and training programme.
- If your application is successful and a conditional job offer is made you will expected to pay for your initial DBS check (enhanced version for vulnerable adults) and once you have received your reference number, you will be expected to sign up to the online DBS Update Service and will be responsible for the annual fee.
Salary: £23,000 per annum